none
Upload exe files

Question

•  

Hi,

I want to upload .MSI projects and .exe files on SharePoint site. When I try to upload .exe or .msi file in custom list I get error message file is blocked by Administrator. Can anybody tell me how to upload .exe or .Msi files on sharepoint site.

Thanks.

-Shailesh

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:25 AM

Answers

• If your administrator has blocked the .exe (or) ".msi" file type, you can't upload. Request your administrator not to block

the file-type 'exe' or ".msi" in the central administration

Central Administration ---> Operations ---> Blocked File Types

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:03 AM

All replies

• If your administrator has blocked the .exe (or) ".msi" file type, you can't upload. Request your administrator not to block

the file-type 'exe' or ".msi" in the central administration

Central Administration ---> Operations ---> Blocked File Types

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:03 AM
  • Hey Guys,

you can upload your exe and msi files, if you remove them from blocked file types. But I strongly recommend not to do so, because uploading .exe and .msi files can make your site vunerable to threats.

if you still insist on having this. ok go head but, i suggest you to use Micorosoft Forefornt Security for SharePoint.

Jag

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

I know this thread is old but I am wondering why the blocking appears to be only on a site wide basis ?  Surely the ability to have a single library or folder within a library with admin access to upload .msi / .exe and read only for anyone is less of a security risk than an all or nothing approach? or am I missing something ? 

Tony

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:51 PM