none
Azure Cloud Service Stuck in "Stopping" state for a long time (12 hours) RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have suggestions what to do with the issue I have. I tried to stop my Cloud Service the service is now basically stuck in "Stopping" State and been there over 12 hours. In my Cloud service there is 16 Virtual Machines I am using in testing.

I tried to start Cloud Service but it also failed with error "Could not start the virtual machine deployment.".

Is there something I could do or some way to get Microsoft Support (without paying extra)? I have "Visual Studio Premium with MSDN" so i have no other support but billing from Microsoft :(

Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:22 AM

Answers

• Managed to find the solution. I stopped and deallocated all the Virtual Machines. After that the Cloud Service status changed to stopped state. After that it was possible to start the Cloud Service again.
    • Marked as answer by Janne T.1 Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:25 AM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:25 AM

All replies

• Managed to find the solution. I stopped and deallocated all the Virtual Machines. After that the Cloud Service status changed to stopped state. After that it was possible to start the Cloud Service again.
    • Marked as answer by Janne T.1 Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:25 AM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:25 AM
  • It seems your VM is in the cloud service. So if you deallocated VM, you could service status is changed to stopped.
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 2:14 AM