none
ASUS Smart Gesture Center using 50% cpu or more - why?

Question

• For no reason it the ASUS Smart Gesture Center will use up over half my cpu and i can't do anything. How do i fix it?
    Friday, July 10, 2015 1:42 AM

Answers

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to what has been suggested, ASUS smart gesture is program for the build in driver for ASUS laptop touchpad drivers as I know. Try download the last version of driver set from ASUS website, if you don’t need this program, uninstall it.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:04 AM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

In addition to what has been suggested, ASUS smart gesture is program for the build in driver for ASUS laptop touchpad drivers as I know. Try download the last version of driver set from ASUS website, if you don’t need this program, uninstall it.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:04 AM
  • Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP: ASUS Smart Gesture Center is taking up 30-40% of my CPU. The program itself isn't working right -- I either cannot scroll using my touchpad or it is really laggy. 

I've tried diagnosing the problem with the Windows Performance Toolkit but the program won't show up when I try to open it (it is invisible in the folder). I've also tried to update the drivers but they're already updated. I've obviously tried restarting my computer but it didn't help at all. 

Any advice?

Sunday, August 09, 2015 5:53 PM
  • this program is necessary for touchpad gestures like scrolling or right clickin by double tap.
    Monday, February 08, 2016 4:29 PM
  • I've begun to experience this issue since having to re-install the touchpad drivers after the windows 10 creators update broke my touchpad functionality completely. With them reinstalled, my issues are as Ellen Ripley describes, very high CPU usage from 'ASUS Smart Gesture Center', and dysfunctional two-finger scrolling.

Here is a link to the zipped etl file from a WPR capture of the problematic scrolling behavior (and high CPU usage). https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0igcMZ7XvngzZgqCK9QSbVP5-e

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 1:21 AM
  • Dear Asus Smart Gesture Center users

That program is a piece of sh, i can't understand how the ASUS can't finally fix it (since years)

Here is the solution:

-use another driver/program
    -for me (ASUS G771JM notebook) the ELAN driver works like perfect, after the install you can set everything pecisely at windows touchpad settings
    -here you can find a description what to do about, how to install:
    http://www.intowindows.com/enable-precision-touchpad-in-any-windows-10-laptop/

enjoy :)

• Edited by drtucza Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:05 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:00 AM
  • Just install "Remote Link"

1. Run Asus Smart Gesture

2. Go to Mobile Control

3. Install Remote Link

4. Restart your computer.

I unexpectedly resolved the problem when I was about to connect my phone to the laptop using USB cable, the Asus Smart Gesture popped up. It suggests to install the Remote Link and then I tried. After restarting the computer I checked the CPU performance, the CPU performs just 5%.

^_^

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:46 PM
  • Just install "Remote Link"

1. Run Asus Smart Gesture

2. Go to Mobile Control

3. Install Remote Link

4. Restart your computer.

I unexpectedly resolved the problem when I was about to connect my phone to the laptop using USB cable, the Asus Smart Gesture popped up. It suggests to install the Remote Link and then I tried. After restarting the computer I checked the CPU performance, the CPU performs just 5%.

^_^

OMG, it works perfectly. Bug fixed.

Saturday, August 25, 2018 3:51 PM