none
Storage account, Azure Active Directory authentication for Azure Files (Preview) enable keep failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

trying to enable Storage account, Azure Active Directory authentication for Azure Files (Preview) but it keeps failing . it says saved succssfully, refreshed and check again, it still show disabled. tried this for few times but results same.

Azure ADDS enabled, storage V2.

Thanks

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:34 AM

All replies

• There are three pre-requistes to be able to enable AAD auth for Azure Files, have you ran through the pre-reqs by any chance:

1. Select or create an Azure AD tenant.

You can use a new or existing tenant for Azure AD authentication over SMB. The tenant and the file share that you want to access must be associated with the same subscription.

To create a new Azure AD tenant, you can Add an Azure AD tenant and an Azure AD subscription. If you have an existing Azure AD tenant but want to create a new tenant for use with Azure Files, see Create an Azure Active Directory tenant.

2. Enable Azure AD Domain Services on the Azure AD tenant.

To support authentication with Azure AD credentials, you must enable Azure AD Domain Services for your Azure AD tenant. If you aren't the administrator of the Azure AD tenant, contact the administrator and follow the step-by-step guidance to Enable Azure Active Directory Domain Services using the Azure portal.

It typically takes about 15 minutes for an Azure AD Domain Services deployment to complete. Verify that the health status of your Azure AD Domain Services shows Running, with password hash synchronization enabled, before proceeding to the next step.

3. Domain-join an Azure VM with Azure AD Domain Services.

To access a file share using Azure AD credentials from a VM, your VM must be domain-joined to Azure AD Domain Services. For more information about how to domain-join a VM, see Join a Windows Server virtual machine to a managed domain.

Let me know if you've performed all of these. If you have done it already, what specific region is you Azure File share located at ?

Thanks,
    Adam

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:47 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have all the 3 pre-requisites in place. joined the domain using win10 pro VM. unfortunately i am still not able to enable the " Azure Active Directory authentication for Azure file ( Preview ) " . in fact, i just tried to enable it again and getting the same, it says successfully enabled but when i refresh it again, it still showing disabled.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:43 AM