none
Not able to delete/edit a drawing in MSP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I added a drawing (line) in MS Project 2016 Gantt chart.

Format -> Drawing -> Line

However the line in question cannot be selected anymore, it still prints out, but I cannot see it in project view.

Other drawings work fine. My problem is that it is in wrong place, and I cannot edit it anymore.

Any help appreciated.

Br,

Janne

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Answers

• Janne_s_s,

When you say that other drawings work fine, what does that mean? Is that other drawing elements in the same file or drawing elements in other files?

The fact that it still shows in print but not in the view indicates the view or file may be corrupt. Try saving the file to XML and then re-open the XML file in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

John

• Marked as answer by Janne_s_s Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:49 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Janne_s_s,

When you say that other drawings work fine, what does that mean? Is that other drawing elements in the same file or drawing elements in other files?

The fact that it still shows in print but not in the view indicates the view or file may be corrupt. Try saving the file to XML and then re-open the XML file in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

John

• Marked as answer by Janne_s_s Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:49 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

Other drawing elements in the same file.

Saving to xml actually works, but I was looking for a way to save the formatting.

Thanks anyway,

Janne

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:36 PM
  • janne_s_s,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. If I answered your question please consider marking my response as the answer.

The fact the saving to XML and back to Project resolved the issue indicates there was some corruption in your file. Unfortunately, XML format does not store formatting information.

John

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 3:26 PM