none
AssignmentTimephasedDataSet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

Struggling a little with excel reporting. We need a report, which replicates the resource utilization view in the resource center, but with an addition of a custom field (project level). Essentially the report will have the resource name, the amount of assigned hours spent on a project by time, plus the custom field.

So it looks like the AssignmentTimephasedDataSet can replicate everything, except these issues;

• Cannot add resource name, just Resource ID
    • How to add the custom field

I guess its some joins or something?

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi RTaylor,

If you want to use Excel then you will need to load at least the following tables in the data model in Power Pivot - Projects, Assignments, and AssignmentTimephasedDataSet, and set the relationships in the model.  I for ease I would probably use the Query Editor to Merge the Assigments with Projects on the Project ID, that way you can then use the Query Editor to have the ProjectECF on the Assignment.  It's a bit of a large problem for a forum such as this, but there is plenty of info out there on the Query Editor, especially in the Power BI forums!

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by rtaylor1996 Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:26 AM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi RTaylor,

If you want to use Excel then you will need to load at least the following tables in the data model in Power Pivot - Projects, Assignments, and AssignmentTimephasedDataSet, and set the relationships in the model.  I for ease I would probably use the Query Editor to Merge the Assigments with Projects on the Project ID, that way you can then use the Query Editor to have the ProjectECF on the Assignment.  It's a bit of a large problem for a forum such as this, but there is plenty of info out there on the Query Editor, especially in the Power BI forums!

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by rtaylor1996 Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:26 AM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Thanks Ben, I will have a go!
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:26 AM