Web Part Error on a clean SP2010 install in Document Center

Question

• On a clean SP2010 install I created a Document Center site.
    On the main site page under the "Upload Document" web part there's another web part, which displays this error:

Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type is not registered as safe.

[UnsafeControlException: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type is not registered as safe.]
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartImporter.CreateWebPart(Boolean clearConnections) 
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartImporter.Import(SPWebPartManager manager, XmlReader reader, Boolean clearConnections, Uri webPartPageUri, SPWeb spWeb) 
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.CompressWebPartNoSave(Boolean isClosed)

Is this normal? Or is my installation somehow corrupted?
    And what is this web part and how can I register it as safe?
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:02 PM

Answers

• I enabled the service and also noticed that in central admin configuration there's an error listed:

Missing server side dependencies. 

[MissingWebPart][WebPart class [8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa] is referenced [12] times in the database, but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part. One or more web parts are referenced in the database, but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.] 

[MissingWebPart][WebPart class [8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa] is referenced [6] times in the database, but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part. One or more web parts are referenced in the database, but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.] 

For more information about this rule, see "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=142689".

Failing Services - SPTimerService (SPTimerV4)

I can't find any information under the given URL. Any ideas what's missing?

This error will appear on a cleanly installed system in the Health Analyzer Reports until you visit the following pages:

SearchAdministration.aspx
    SearchFarmDashboard.aspx
    These are: Central Administration, General Application Settings, Farm Search Administration and then Search Service Application.

Browse to them and the error will no longer appear in the Health Analyzer Report.

• Proposed as answer by JohnDPalm-OPTR Monday, September 20, 2010 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by tsw_mik Monday, February 14, 2011 3:47 PM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 7:56 PM
  • I installed the hotfix and re-run the product configuration wizard and it fixed this (and some other stuff too).
    • Marked as answer by tsw_mik Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:23 PM
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:54 AM
  • John D Palm, has the answer that works, but you have to remeber to set the contact email address in SearchAdministration.aspx in order for it to count. 

That is the dependancy that is referenced in the error.  SharePoint wants you to give people some way to tell you something went wrong.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:43 PM

All replies

• The Web Part is the "Enter a Document ID" search Web Part.  I would enable the Document ID Service Feature on the Site Collection and verify Search is configured as dependancies.  If the problem persists you can use Web Part maintenance to close or delete the Web Part or try provisioning another Document Center.

Bill Baer, Technical Product Manager - US-SharePoint http://blogs.technet.com/wbaer
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:39 PM
    Owner
  • I enabled the service and also noticed that in central admin configuration there's an error listed:

[MissingWebPart][WebPart class [8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa] is referenced [12] times in the database, but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part. One or more web parts are referenced in the database, but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.] 

[MissingWebPart][WebPart class [8d6034c4-a416-e535-281a-6b714894e1aa] is referenced [6] times in the database, but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this web part. One or more web parts are referenced in the database, but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these web parts.] 

For more information about this rule, see "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=142689".

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:25 AM
  • as far as i am aware, this problem was supposed to be solved by installing the hotfix. (http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2009/11/19/installation-notice-for-the-sharepoint-server-public-beta-on-microsoft-windows-server-2008-r2-and-microsoft-windows-7.aspx)

I still have it showing as an error though.
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 4:56 PM
  • I installed the hotfix and re-run the product configuration wizard and it fixed this (and some other stuff too).
    • Marked as answer by tsw_mik Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:23 PM
    Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:54 AM
  • I've applied this patch but im still getting the error message.

Title

Severity

1 - Error

Category

Configuration

Explanation

Remedy

Failing Servers

Failing Services

SPTimerService (SPTimerV4)
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 10:32 PM
  • I've seen the same error on my machine that has the Hotfix and an otherwise working install, although in my error message the Explanation is blank.

Title

Severity

1 - Error

Category

Configuration

Explanation

Remedy

Failing Servers

Failing Services

SPTimerService (SPTimerV4)
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:24 PM
  • Actually, this is what is happening with this error:

http://bit.ly/93cJm5

Chris
    Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Bo Monday, May 10, 2010 3:53 PM
    Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:18 PM
  • Which hotfixes from where?

Thanks!

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Did you choose reconnect or create new farm?
    Monday, April 12, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Thanks Chris!

You are right - opening the

• SearchAdministration.aspx
  • SearchFarmDashboard.aspx

pages makes the error go away.

• Best regards
Monday, May 10, 2010 3:55 PM
  • Opening these two pages and then reanalyzing showed it fixed it for me too. SearchAdministration.aspx SearchFarmDashboard.aspx
    Kevin W. Gagel
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:01 PM
  • I had the same trouble, and tested all other solution found on the net.

You just have to setup the "SharePoint Foundation Help Search", who will crawl all the Sharepoint Help files (http://{centraladmin}/sites/Help).

After one or two minutes, the error will disapear....

Cheers

David

• Proposed as answer by SGGordy Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:43 PM
    Friday, August 06, 2010 2:44 PM
  • David Campillo,

Thanks for this answer, this absolutley had worked perfectly. By the time I had finished starting this service, the error just vanished out my health analyzer. Thanks a million!!!

SGGordy
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:35 PM

This error will appear on a cleanly installed system in the Health Analyzer Reports until you visit the following pages:

SearchFarmDashboard.aspx
    These are: Central Administration, General Application Settings, Farm Search Administration and then Search Service Application.

Browse to them and the error will no longer appear in the Health Analyzer Report.

• Proposed as answer by JohnDPalm-OPTR Monday, September 20, 2010 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by tsw_mik Monday, February 14, 2011 3:47 PM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 7:56 PM
  • Solution given by the JohnDPalm-OPTR worked for me :)

Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:05 AM
  • On SharePoint Foundation 2010, I can't find the Farm Search Administration or Search Service Application options.  Is this only for SharePoint Server 2010?  What would be a corresponding fix for Foundation?  For each of my Web applications, I configured search via the Manage Content Databases option, but haven't seen either SearchAdministration.aspx or SearchFarmDashboard.aspx anywhere.  Thanks for any suggestions.

:-( + :-) = :-) :-)
    Friday, October 15, 2010 1:56 AM
  • On SharePoint Foundation 2010, I can't find the Farm Search Administration or Search Service Application options.  Is this only for SharePoint Server 2010?  What would be a corresponding fix for Foundation?  For each of my Web applications, I configured search via the Manage Content Databases option, but haven't seen either SearchAdministration.aspx or SearchFarmDashboard.aspx anywhere.  Thanks for any suggestions.

:-( + :-) = :-) :-)

Same issue here with Sharepoint Foundation 2010.  I can't find the suggested pages either.  Still searching for an answer, will post back if i find one.

Monday, October 25, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Can someone post the hotfix link that resolves this issue?

Thanks

d
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:40 PM
  •  

SearchFarmDashboard.aspx

This worked for me

Monday, May 09, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Me Too and i think it is the best solution for this Error,, but what about the first one ""The server farm account should not be used for other services""

This one was worked after my installation, now i can't reanalyz it.. any help..

i hope to get solution either than changing the user...

Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:19 PM
  • Thanks, I got the issue resolved by browsing;

SearchFarmDashboard.aspx

Very interesting solution!..

Naveed.DG SharePoint Administrator "Vote As Helpful" If it helps!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:25 AM
  • John D Palm, has the answer that works, but you have to remeber to set the contact email address in SearchAdministration.aspx in order for it to count. 

That is the dependancy that is referenced in the error.  SharePoint wants you to give people some way to tell you something went wrong.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Thanks, the solution from John D Palm worked OK for us, but it genereated a dozen new errors that look similar to the one described here :(
    Tuesday, October 02, 2012 1:58 PM