none
SCOM 2019 Closing Information Alerts from Monitors? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

We have moved from SCOM 2016 to 2019 and we have recently deployed our 2019 version agents across all our Windows Servers and we have a number of Information alerts about "Monitoring Host Handle Count Threshold".  

At first I wondered if it was about this: 

https://kevinholman.com/2017/05/29/stop-healthservice-restarts-in-scom-2016/ 

but when I checked the overrides I could see we had already been through this.  

The console will not let me close these information alerts.  I get an error: 

[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders!AlertProvider/SetAlertResolutionStatesAcrossTiers] in provider: [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders.AlertProvider, Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35].Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next please?  

Thank you.  

Friday, November 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We may consider to increase the value more higher to see if it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by TheMAW Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:24 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This may sometimes happen if the Operations Console isn't really "up-to-date", which means that the alerts might have already been closed but they still show up in the Operations Console.

I would start by clearing the cache on the console and check if the alerts either disappear or if you can close them.

How and When to Clear the Cache
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-clear-healthservice-cache?view=sc-om-2019

Also check the Operations Manager event log for any more information.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Friday, November 8, 2019 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

We may consider to increase the value more higher to see if it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by TheMAW Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:24 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 8:41 AM
  • In this instance, adjusting the values seems to have stopped the issue.  Thank you for your help.  
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for the update and we're glad some information is helpful. If you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:12 AM