Integrated webcam not redirect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there anyone who can help me. We have a customer which is running server2016 RDS. Now a few users will use skype and wants to use a webcam. At my Windows 10 laptop I have a HP HD camera. At the remote desktop client, I checked the webcam for redirection. But is never appear in a session. I have done some local GPedit settings on the RDS server for remote FX. But untill now without result. Can anyone help me?

Best regards,

Willem

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to use the new video capture device redirection feature the client PC needs to be running at least Windows 10 1803 and the server needs to be running Windows Server 2019/at least Windows 10 1803 Enterprise/Education.  Since your server is running Windows Server 2016 you can't use video capture device redirection.

For example, say you are opening Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) on your laptop, and on the Local Resources tab under Video capture devices you are selecting your integrated webcam.  Your webcam will not be redirected since the server doesn't support that type of redirection.

-TP

Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, you still use RemoteFX and USB Device Redirection.

Some information in the link below may help you.

Webcam Redirection not working, RDS 2016, RemoteFX

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b75dc83-9684-49c9-8b39-43c865dbbe5a/webcam-redirection-not-working-rds-2016-remotefx-usbdevicestoredirect?forum=winserverTS

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:47 AM
  • Hi, I had alreadt find the post before postin. But in my case it did not work. Thanks for you reply Best regards, Willem

Kind regards Willem Hendrik Berkhof

Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

In order to use the new video capture device redirection feature the client PC needs to be running at least Windows 10 1803 and the server needs to be running Windows Server 2019/at least Windows 10 1803 Enterprise/Education.  Since your server is running Windows Server 2016 you can't use video capture device redirection.

For example, say you are opening Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) on your laptop, and on the Local Resources tab under Video capture devices you are selecting your integrated webcam.  Your webcam will not be redirected since the server doesn't support that type of redirection.

-TP

Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

we have installed Win Server 2019 on server side and Windows 10 1803 on client side. I am trying to redirect a webcam, but it doesn't' appear in server's Device manager.
    "Do not allow video capture redirection" policy is DISABLED.
     Any suggestions?

• Edited by Gar Bond Friday, September 27, 2019 4:13 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 4:11 PM
  • Hi I have the same problem Integrated web camera does not work One lap is two months old does not work The other is a 7 year old the camera redirect works Just can’t seem to get the Integrated to work Server 2019 and on lates windows 10 Any ideas 💡
    Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:21 AM
  • Hello,

Try change group policy settings for RDP host:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Device and Resource Redirection

"Do not allow supported Plug and Play device redirection" Setting and set it to disabled.

Friday, August 7, 2020 5:50 AM