Event ID 6398 in Sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having to look at some errors that we are seeing in the event logs of our customers Sharepoint Server and I am struggling to know where to begin, it was a setup we inherited and have no real knowledge of.

I am seeing the following errors in the Event Viewer:

"The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.IndexingScheduleJobDefinition (ID ba8e4f26-c58d-4e75-b192-81d6aa322565) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The search application '07cd8dd5-3e5e-4c19-bc1f-cd3fca6af0d6' on server server did not finish loading. View the event logs on the affected server for more information."

Looking at these errors on the forums I found details to go into Central Administration, Monitoring, Review Job Definitions, Job History and set the view to failed. From here allegedly I should be able to determine where the problem is.

I have had a look and there is an almost never ending list of failed jobs going back ages, some examples are below:

Search Custom Dictionaries Update 

Indexing Schedule Manager on Server

Query Classification Dictionary Update for Search Application Search Service Application

If I click on the link of the first failed job to edit the timer job the title is test project, I don't know if this is the correct name for their sharepoint or if this one does not exist anymore.

I don't have much experience of Sharepoint troubleshooting so can any one help me to try and get this sorted out?

Thanks for any help given.

alamb200

Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:46 AM