none
connectivity of exchange server 2010 with ADC on failure of DC

Question

• i have scenario here. i have domain controller and Additional Domain controller.  Also have exchange server 2010 installed on server 2008r2. My DC is down now and exchange server was giving giving error: can not connect to Dc........ And after restarting both ADC and Exchange server, giving error: there are currently no logon servers..........Although my ADC is there. What i need is to configure ADC to start functioning without effecting or disrupting Exchange services. in current scenario exchange server becomes useless. Any other solution like if primary DC goes down and ADC is there to take charge immediately or any other solution in this case, please ?
    Thursday, November 09, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may try below options :

1. Go to your exchange server and change Primary DNS IP address to ADC IP address. (login using local admin)

Reboot and check if its logging into domain

2. Seize FSMO roles from DC to ADC (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/255504/using-ntdsutil-exe-to-transfer-or-seize-fsmo-roles-to-a-domain-control)

Let us know how it goes

GD

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:22 PM
  • you have to restart the activedirectory topology service on the exchange server. make sure you are able to resolve the DCs using nslookup for the domain name and be able to telnet the DCs on 389 port for ldap and 88 for kerberos.

and 3268 for global catalog

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:57 AM