Error code (0x800705b4)--Windows updates won't install RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop.  Windows has not been able to install updates since January 18 and I get this error code (0x800705b4) along with this message "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later."  The Windows website lists at least two important updates since January 19 that should be downloaded and installed.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Answers

• Have a look at and try How do I reset Windows Update components? the fix it for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7 runs on Windows 10, I do get a 'Service registration is missing or corrupt Not fixed Not Fixed' error on Windows 10 (have every time I run it on a working Windows 10 system) but looking it is 'The requested service has already been started' so a funny for Windows 10 I would say.

The manual section does go further, for Windows 10 it is not quite correct, but from that (if that fix it does not work) try, from an admin command (right click start choose Command Prompt (Admin) ). copy and paste each command;

net stop wuauserv
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptsvc

Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptsvc

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:51 PM
  • Dr.WSB,

In addition to what suggested by Mr.Happy,

Please also take a try with the command below, under CMD with admin rights:

Dism /Online /cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Further, we could also download the updates through Microsoft Windows Update catalog:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

Then search for the KB number, and download the correct version. See if manually install would work here.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 2:50 AM

All replies

• Have a look at and try How do I reset Windows Update components? the fix it for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7 runs on Windows 10, I do get a 'Service registration is missing or corrupt Not fixed Not Fixed' error on Windows 10 (have every time I run it on a working Windows 10 system) but looking it is 'The requested service has already been started' so a funny for Windows 10 I would say.

The manual section does go further, for Windows 10 it is not quite correct, but from that (if that fix it does not work) try, from an admin command (right click start choose Command Prompt (Admin) ). copy and paste each command;

net stop wuauserv
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptsvc

Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptsvc

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:51 PM
  • Dr.WSB,

In addition to what suggested by Mr.Happy,

Please also take a try with the command below, under CMD with admin rights:

Dism /Online /cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Further, we could also download the updates through Microsoft Windows Update catalog:

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

Then search for the KB number, and download the correct version. See if manually install would work here.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 2:50 AM