none
Failed to activate feature 'Publishing' (ID: 22a9ef51-737b-4ff2-9346-694633fe4416).

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to activate the (web) publishing feature on a site programmatically.  The (site) Publishing Infrastructure has already been activated but I keep getting this error.  Any ideas?

B. regards. 

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to activate the Publishing feature for this web via the browser? Is there any other message provided with this besides Failed to activate? You might want to look in your SP logs, in particular you should have received a correlation id with this response, look for that in the SharePoint logs. Also this could be a permissions issues.

Normally the only reason why I have found that the Publishing feature will not properly activate is because the site collection publishing infrastructure was not activated, but you have already completed this. If you can activate the web publishing feature via a browser, but not programmatically then it has to be a permission issue, but the logs should help.

Eric Overfield - PixelMill - blog.pixelmill.com/ericoverfield - @EricOverfield

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:43 PM
  • Hi

Please check Log files ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS )

and come back with more infos

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:47 PM
  • One thing to watch out for as well is that this feature will fail to activate if you have a document library that is named the same as one of the document libraries that gets automatically created when you activate the Publishing Feature.  For example three document libraries that get automatically created are Documents, Images, and Pages.
    Friday, June 29, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Thanks for the replies,

The thing is that I am creating a sitecollection via a workflow.  When the site has been created I start another workflow that takes care of activating some features on the newly created site in an impersonated custom activity.  When I run the second workflow manually it works fine and the features get activated.  But when the first workflow starts the second one, I get errors.  This probably has to do with permissions, since I only get the errors when the second workflow is started by the first one, but not when I start it manually...

Any ideas on how to get around this, maybe I should try a different approach?

Monday, July 02, 2012 12:30 PM