none
0x8007007B - The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I am getting below error while connecting WBEMTEST to root namespace.

ERROR: WMI MONIKER CONNECTION errors occured for the following namespaces: .......................................... 1 ERROR(S)!
    - Root, 0x8007007B - The filename directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect..

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks,

Shashi

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Answers

• This forum is dedicated to SCVMM.  I am trying to understand why you keeping marking this as unanswered as this question needs to be asked in another forum.  In the previous post I provided you guidance on a place to locate where you can find a forum that will answer your question.  I am closing this issue as unfortunately the SCVMM team will be unable to assist you with this request and kindly ask that you redirect your question to the proper forum.  Thanks, Carmen Summers- SCVMM Forum Owner
    Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:11 AM

All replies

• his forum is dedicated to questions about System Center Virtual Machine Manager issues. If your question is not about this topic, please find the correct newsgroup here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx.

Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 1:06 AM
  • Hi Carmen,

This question is not about SCVMM issue.

Shashi

Shashi
    Friday, June 17, 2011 10:42 AM
  • This forum is dedicated to questions about System Center Virtual Machine Manager issues. If your question is not about this topic, please find the correct newsgroup here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:47 PM
  • This forum is dedicated to SCVMM.  I am trying to understand why you keeping marking this as unanswered as this question needs to be asked in another forum.  In the previous post I provided you guidance on a place to locate where you can find a forum that will answer your question.  I am closing this issue as unfortunately the SCVMM team will be unable to assist you with this request and kindly ask that you redirect your question to the proper forum.  Thanks, Carmen Summers- SCVMM Forum Owner
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 1:11 AM
  • I have this problem and it particularly pertains to SCVMM.

Here is the dialog box:

Virtual Machine Manager

The file name, folder name, or volume label syntax \\#########\MSSCVMMLibrary\VHDs\Blank Disk - Small.vhd is incorrect on the is incorrect on the ######### server.

Ensure that the path name does not contain the characters (\ / : * ? " < > | ), and then try the operation again.

ID: 2905

Details: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B)

Naturally, the ########## refers to a valid server.domain. I can ping the server. The internet connection provides the IP through DHCP if that makes any difference (though I would imagine that if that were a problem then the installer would have flagged that.)

This occurs in this context.

1. Install SC VMM with defaults as much as possible.

2. Launch VMM

3. Click the Library tab.

4. Select MSSCVMMLibrary

5. Click Refresh.

6. Observe the above mentioned dialog box.

Thoughts?

• Edited by CoStarJames Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:53 AM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am getting the same error while refreshing the library (SCVMM 2012), did You find the solution?

Thanks,
    Radko

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:10 PM