none
% Complete is not getting 100% RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Need you expert advice for best possible reccommended solution for below scenerio:

Project Plan base calendar is set with 9 working hours, 2 type of Resources with 8 hours and 9 hours for allocation.

For your information task type is Fixed Duration and client want tracking method to be Actual Work done and Work Remaining.

When i allocate Resource with 8 hours against 1d task (9 hours Baselined task) and update task status in Actual work in PWA, let say 8 hours it shows me 100% (% Work Complete) but at the same time, when i see % complete that is not getting 100%.

Now here, i would need your expertise adivice, how do we overcome this scenerio. Thanks in Advance.

For better Understanding, below is the snapshot of Project Plan:

Task Name Duration Start Finish Predecessors Baseline Duration Actual Duration Remaning Duration       % Complete     % Work Complete Baseline Work Actual Work Remaining Work Resource Name
    T1 1 day 2/9/11 2/9/11   1 day 0.92 days 0.08 days 92% 100%   8 hrs 8 hrs 0 hrs Badal_Ratra (Onsite with 8 hours)
    T2 1 day 2/10/11 2/10/11      1 1 day 0 days 1 day 0% 0%   9 hrs 0 hrs 9 hrs Dhivya Krishnamurthy (Offshore with 9 hours)

Thanks. Warm Regards Badal Ratra
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Badal,

you will not overcome this, as long as you are not changing your task type. I think you have special reasons for using "Fixed Duration"?

I have only one other idea: use custom code to change Remaining Duration to 0 (zero), if Remaining Work is 0.
    % Complete could have been named "% Duration Complete" because this field actually measures the percentage of the duration. As long as there is remaining duration, this value will not change to 100%.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Badal Ratra Friday, February 11, 2011 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Badal,

you will not overcome this, as long as you are not changing your task type. I think you have special reasons for using "Fixed Duration"?

I have only one other idea: use custom code to change Remaining Duration to 0 (zero), if Remaining Work is 0.
    % Complete could have been named "% Duration Complete" because this field actually measures the percentage of the duration. As long as there is remaining duration, this value will not change to 100%.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Badal Ratra Friday, February 11, 2011 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't mention above that i have to track Resource Cost per hour based on No. of hours of Resource Calendar with 8 hours and 9 hours, however when we go with option task type Fixed Unit, Project Plan cost is calculating based on Project Calendar i.e., 9 hours and estimated Cost is not calculated Correctly. For instance below is the snapshot of the Project Plan: 

Task Name Duration     Start Date    Finish Date Predecessor Actual Work      Baseline Cost Actual Cost Baseline Work Work Resource Name
    a 1 day 2/10/2011 7:00 2/11/2011 8:00   8 hrs $90.00 $80.00 9 hrs 9 hrs Badal_Ratra (8 Hours)
    b 1 day 2/11/2011 8:00 2/14/2011    8:00 1 0 hrs $90.00 $0.00 9 hrs 9 hrs Dhivya Krishnamurthy (9 hours)

I know we can track Work allocation based on Resource Calendar in Resource Usage Timephased View but i want that cost should also get calculated based on No. of Hours (Resource Calendar) that is the reason i opted task type with Fixed Duration but i got stucked with above discussed issue.

I need to your expert advice what would be best recommended solution to overcome this scenerio.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Thanks. Warm Regards Badal Ratra
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:38 PM