none
Filter lists + FilterMultiValue for multiple columns. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to filter a list using URL Querying using the FilterName and FilterMultiValue.

For example i put this at the end of the AllItems.aspx? 

"&FilterName="Title"&FilterMultiValue=*"Printer"

Works perfectly.

Now i want to filter it twice (on another list column). So i do

"&FilterName="Title"&FilterMultiValue="Printer"&FilterName="Brand"&FilterMultiValue="HP"

But the second filter never gets applied. Anybody know how i should be doing it?

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try this-

"&FilterField1="Title"&FilterValue1="Printer"&FilterField2="Brand"&FilterValue2="HP"

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:11 PM
  • Hi,

It will retruns  row which has  the exact value i.e. Printer , HP

whereas i used FilterMultiValue which works like a 'like' operator.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:20 PM
  • For implementing a 'like' operator in a listview you will have to filter the list view using CAML query. You will have to modify the xmlDefinition of the listview webpart at run time using code.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:38 PM
  • 'like' opeartor is working when i use FilterMultiValue on any one column..........its just not working on second column i.e. (using FilterMultiValue  twice)..........thats the main issue.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Hi Yesh Agrawal,

We are unable to use FilterMultiValue work with multiple filters in this way and you may need programmatically effect (referring to the following blog).

http://jasear.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/sharepoint-2010-basic-list-search-filter-webpart/

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yesh Agrawal Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:03 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 11:03 AM
  • I had a solution that required multiple querystring values passed and I ended up using the one OOB filter ("&FilterName="Title"&FilterMultiValue=*"Printer") and then a few other querystring webparts on the page. I know I am probably a little late for you, but maybe someone else can get use out of this option. If you have questions about how I did it, give me a reply.

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:23 PM
  • How  you do it.

Please ellaborate

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Hello Greg,

i have the same questions as Yesh, could you please give me your solution about that?  thank you very much.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:04 PM
  • I have similar question and also Filtername condition is not working for managed metadat....any suggestions ?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:11 AM
  • How did you do it?
    Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:14 PM