none
8344 Connected data source error: Insufficient access rights to perform this operation RRS feed

• Question

• We have been syncing our main domain to Azure through the Azure AD Connect for a couple of years. I recently added a child domain. I honestly could not find a great article on everything I needed to do in order to give my AD Connector account access to the child domain.

I ran the following to gift it permissions: Set-ADSyncBasicReadPermissions Set-ADSyncMsDsConsistencyGuidPermissions Set-ADSyncPasswordHashSyncPermissions

I made sure those rights were set to all descendant objects, so I did not have inheriting issues.

I added a test user to the child domain. When AD Connect runs, I get an error on the child domain:

Connection Data source error code: 8344 Connected data source error: Insufficient access rights to perform this operation

If I click on log there are two entries in the object log: Password Sync - Success Password Sync - NoTargetConnection

I found a troubleshooting doc in the Microsoft Azure documentation. I walked through it, but did not find any problems.

I have googled this to death and haven't found an article that reveals my problem. Hoping there is an expert out here that has a solution!

Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd suggest reaching out to subject matter experts over here in dedicated forums.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/azure-active-directory.html

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by JFgriff Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:07 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Havea nice day!

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 7:04 AM