none
Drives are at risk of running out of free space.

Answers

All replies

• This rule is based off of 5x the amount of physical RAM.  So if you have 8GB of RAM on your SharePoint Server, the rule will check for 40GB of free space on disk.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP - 2012

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:26 AM
  • Hi Naga,

Sometimes this rule gives warning even when space is there.I have faced this in past.

But to be safe from our side we should always check if there is sufficient space for database to grow.

Thanks.

Regards

Pandey

Friday, October 19, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Hi Naga,

Trevor's answer is correct as this rule is checking disk space on the SharePoint servers and not related to database servers as Pandey has suggested.

If there are other monitoring systems in place, you could disable this rule, there is a secondary rule that will also notify when your system drive ifree space s at 2x RAM.

Paul Turner http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
    Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Friday, October 19, 2012 8:17 AM
  • I have over 70GB of free space (8GB RAM * 5 = 40GB) and this damn warning still shows up. I don't want to just go and disable, because I need to know when I'm running out of disk space. I'm running this on a VM so does this rule look at the Virtual disk SCSI device allocated capacity? Anybody with any real resolution?

SQL4Life

• Edited by SQL4Life Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:59 PM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:42 PM