locked
CWmi::Connect(): ConnectServer(Namespace) failed. - 0x8004100e RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi,
    I am new on Sccm. I am installing sccm in lab environment for testing. i have installed & configured all basic settings as below
    1) AD site boundary
    2) Client push Installation is enabled.
    3) Client push installation account is a member of domain admin & member of local administrator on client system.
    Problem :- When i push client installation on remote machine, its not getting installed & also not showing any errors in ccmsetup.log file at c:\windows\ccmsetup. If i check ccm.log on server at c:\program files\microsoft configuration manager\logs. i am getting two errors as below----------
    1) CWmi::Connect(): ConnectServer(Namespace) failed. - 0x8004100e
    Unable to connect to WMI (r) on remote machine "CLIENT MACHINE NAME". error = 0x8004100e
    &
    2) CWmi::GetObject(): GetObject() failed. - 0x80041010.
    Unable to get SMS_Client from WMI on remote machine "SERVER MACHINE NAME". error = 0x80041010
    I have searched a lot on forums & i tried below steps with no success.
    1) DNS name resolvation - working fine
    2) connecting to WMI service from computer management from server to client - OK.
    3) connecting the admin$ - OK.
    4) the user account that is set to client push install is in domain admin, schema admin, enterprise admin group.
    5) cleaned client repositery at C:\windows\system32\wbem\
    I am struggling into this issue from many days, really tired into this. Need your help to resolve this issue.......... 
    Thanks in Advanced  !!!!!!!!!!
    Rushikesh ....
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:08 AM

All replies

  • You can ignore that error if you see a ccmsetup.log on the client.
    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:18 AM
  • Thanks Torsten,

    OK, can you please provide any other way to resolve this issue....

     

    Rushikesh.....

    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:20 AM
  • There are no issues ... you mentioned that ccmsetup.log is generated on the client, so the push was successful. And there are no errors in ccmsetup.log according to your first posting. What's not working then?
    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:31 AM
  • please check the account which u r using for clientpush has enough rights on the target computer(local admin rights) to install sccm client ?

    canyou try installing SCCM client manually and see how it works ? also checl client.msi.log as well for other info.

    http://eskonr.com/2010/09/how-to-make-a-user-account-is-member-of-local-admin-group-which-may-be-useful-in-configuration-manager-for-installation-of-sccm-client-push/

     


    Eswar Koneti | My Tech blog: ESKONR.COM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:32 AM
  • first ans. to Torsten,

    the issue is that the ccmsetup.exe continue showing in task manager on client system but the client is not getting installed.

     

    Eswar,

    Account used for client push install is a member of local admin group on client system.

    i will just check for the things & link suggested by you.....will post the result here.....

     

    Thanks...

    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:40 AM
  • So you should examine ccmsetup.log.
    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Eswar,

    I have checked with manually installing the client, there is exact same problem as above.

    i did not found any log file named client.msi.log in client system, do i need to check it on server?

     

    Torsten,

    i examine the ccmsetup.log file again & found the massage as "MSXML 6.0 not available, failing over to lower version"

    shall i check with installing MSXML 6.0 on client system?

     

    Uptating the post :-

    ccmsetup.log file is also showing below line as well, is there any issue with this?

    "running as user "SYSTEM"

    ........after some lines.........

    ccmsetup is being restarted due to an administrative action, Installation files will be reset & downloaded again."

    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:39 PM
  • Hello All.......................

    its great pleasure to inform you that the installation is successful. the funny thing is that i don't know the exact reason :)  

    i just done the steps as below ----

    1) created new folder as "ClientPatch"(path = C:\Program Files\microsoft configuration manager) in IIS-default web sites-CCM_Client.

    but it was saying that reboot required even we restart the client system many times.

    2) i just stopped service SMS_EXECUTIVE on server & it worked.......;)

     

    may be its not a proper solution for it, so just for final confirmation i am going to install new client virtual machine & check on that system with the same settings....................

     

    Thanks for sharing you knowledge ...!!!!!!!!!!

    Rushikesh...

    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:15 PM