none
SharePoint Designer 2010 or SharePoint Designer 2013 is not working in SharePoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have a complex workflow built in SharePoint 2010 with SharePoint Designer 2010. I have migrated my site over to SharePoint 2010, but SharePoint Designer can't open up these workflows in SharePoint 2016.

Any Advice,

Mike

SharePoint Engineer - Mike

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you running Designer 2013 w/ SP1 + all hotfixes/security updates? You can't use Designer 2010.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:39 PM
  • How can I apply or find out if I'm running SP1 + all hotfixes/security updates? The place I'm hosting the site not connected to the outside internet.

Mike

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:00 PM
  • This would be on your client machine, so you can see Add/Remove Features updates on your Windows desktop to see if you've installed SP1 and deployed any hotfixes/security updates.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:13 PM
  • I have SharePoint Designer Running on the Server, so do I still look on the client machine.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:29 PM
  • Note that installing Office software on SharePoint Servers isn't supported. But no you would look on the server itself.

Trevor Seward

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 10:03 PM
  • What will be the exact name of the SP1 file and Hot fixes?

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:06 PM
  • Hi, Mike, 

Thanks for marking the reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. 

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

==========================================================

Issue Symptom:

SharePoint Designer 13 cannot open workflows created in SP designer 2010 after migration

========================================================

(Possible) Cause:

There may be features or updates not installed on the client machine

=======================================================

Solution:

Make sure SP1 is installed and hotfixes/security updates are deployed.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:47 AM