none
Need Help with Issues with connecting to External Data Connections

Question

• Greetings,

I am trying to connect Excel Services to a workbook with external connections. I have data that is stored in an Access database and is in sync with SharePoint 2007 lists. I am trying to publish this workbook to Excel Services and it is failing because I am connected to an external data source.

Any ideas of how I can get what I am trying to accomplish to work?? or where I can get some help? I would like to use Access for this solution.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

Todd

Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:59 PM

Answers

• Hi trenier6,

i checked with our office team regarding the excel services for dataconnection to access, and the provide me with this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262899.aspx#section3

please have a check if your needs are still in the scopes of product,

How do I get Microsoft Access data into my workbooks on Excel Services?

Workbooks that refresh data from an Access database are not supported with the features that come with Excel Services. This is because these types of solutions have problems scaling and performing in an enterprise server environment. Although it might be possible to make this work by adding the right provider to the trusted providers list and installing any required Data Source Name (DSN) files on the server, it is not supported.

to check your configuration, perhaps you can check this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc514223(v=office.12).aspx#MOSS2007TenTips_ConfiguringExternalDataConnections

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:58 AM

All replies