none
Older Analysis services services error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

could you please help me on this following error ?

I have design Power -BI Report connected with Live connection from Cube. 

While i click on Q&A Option in Power-BI Report It shows following error. this seems it should change some properties in Cube level i feel  or seems to low version of SSAS server . Currently using 2016.

Q&A is not supported fro Reports that use Direct Query data sources or Live connections to Older Analysis services. Additionally Q&A is currently unavailable in Power-BI DeskTop for connections to Power-Bi Data sets and Non -English Language models.

Any one have any idea on this error if yes please proved me solution will be helpful. Thanks in advance 

Thanks,

Srinivas

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas,

Seems your environment hits some limitation of Power BI Q&A, you could check the doc to find which is your case here: Limitations of Power BI Q&A

And I think that you might have missed the data access gateway ? Check here Manage your data source - Analysis Services and Install an on-premises data gateway

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 1:57 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply. But i am getting this error in Desktop version while in development. It is not published in power-i server.all the above gateway links will configured in after publishing report. Q&A will not work in desktop  in Live connection ?

Thanks,

Srini

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 6:03 AM
  • Hi Srini,

I'm sorry I must say that I am also not 100% sure in this case. For the Q&A datasource support , I would suggest you to ask in power bi forum, the words in this documentation is also ambiguous to say exactly how is this working with Power Bi desktop or service.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:13 AM
  • Ok, Thanks Lukas
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:00 AM
  • No problem :)

Friday, June 5, 2020 7:47 AM