none
Notifications for Service Running State RRS feed

• Question

• I have several monitors setup to check Service Running State on several different Services. These monitors are all within the same custom MP. When I set up Notifications about alerts on these monitors I can only search by MP and this just returns several entries of Service Running State, without telling me which one is which.

Is there any way to tell which monitor is which in Notifications?

Friday, February 15, 2013 10:38 AM

Answers

• By default, when you create an Windows service  monitor using Management Pack Template. The monitor name which is create by the template is service running state. You can modify the name of the monitor is

Right click the windows service monitor --> View management pack objects --> Monitors --> select the monitor service running state and rename the monitor name as meaning ones. Then , you can returns an meaning name of serice running state.

Roger

• Marked as answer by Eric G-S Friday, February 15, 2013 2:39 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 1:42 PM

All replies

• By default, when you create an Windows service  monitor using Management Pack Template. The monitor name which is create by the template is service running state. You can modify the name of the monitor is

Right click the windows service monitor --> View management pack objects --> Monitors --> select the monitor service running state and rename the monitor name as meaning ones. Then , you can returns an meaning name of serice running state.

Roger

• Marked as answer by Eric G-S Friday, February 15, 2013 2:39 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Roger

Many thanks. Simple and straightforward. I've learned my new thing for the day and am happy now.

Friday, February 15, 2013 2:56 PM