none
Unable to Process Multi- Dimension Cube in Local Instance of Analysis Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I unable to process the analysis service cube in local Evaluation instance of SQL Server 2019. Please note the relevant DW objects are in place in the local instance of SQL Server. I am able to deploy the cube to the server but when I process . the processing seem to go through but in the end I am getting the following error

I have given all relevant permission for the NT service account of the analysis service to the Local SQL Server. I have used service account impersonation. But not able to process the cube. It just a simple cube with two dimensions and 1 fact.

Please note I  dont get any other error other than a device attached to the system is not functioning.

Please see the second Image as well , I could see that the data is read for the DB. Request you to help !!!

Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:35 PM

Answers

• OK Found the solution myself.

I removed the installation and re-installed. But this time I gave my Local Admin account for all the services and I did not allow the installation to default to NT accounts.

Now everything works!

Note I have the Local Windows account as sysadmin for SQL and Analysis server during installation.When Creating cube and Impersonation I used the same local admin account and password.The Dedfault NT accounts dont seem to work!!

Thank You

• Marked as answer by Prabhu64 Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:48 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:47 PM

All replies

• OK Found the solution myself.

I removed the installation and re-installed. But this time I gave my Local Admin account for all the services and I did not allow the installation to default to NT accounts.

Now everything works!

Note I have the Local Windows account as sysadmin for SQL and Analysis server during installation.When Creating cube and Impersonation I used the same local admin account and password.The Dedfault NT accounts dont seem to work!!

Thank You

• Marked as answer by Prabhu64 Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:48 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:47 PM
  • I removed the installation and re-installed. But this time I gave my Local Admin account for all the services and I did not allow the installation to default to NT accounts.

It is recommended or necessary to use an admin account when installing SSAS. Running as an admin account means that if an exploit is ever discovered in SSAS then an attacker could gain full control of your server. If you use the default non-admin accounts (or a low privileged domain account) then the damage that such an attack could cause would be minimized. 

The Dedfault NT accounts dont seem to work!!

They do, I use the default accounts on a regular basis for local dev instances. The installer should set the required permissions on the default accounts. If this does not work it points to some sort of issue with the file permissions on your server.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Thursday, May 21, 2020 11:43 PM
  • Did you mean exactly same setting works for admin account but not NT service account?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 1:53 AM
  • Yes Does not work with NT accounts in the local machine
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:28 PM