none
Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException while uploading byte stream to Azure blob

Question

• I have an service fabric application which is used to upload byte stream in azure blob but from few days I am getting Timeout Exception.

Also it taking almost 300 sec to throw an Timeout Exception.

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException: The client could not finish the operation within specified timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The client could not finish the operation within specified timeout.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.EndExecuteAsync[T](IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Util.AsyncExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<CreateCallback>b__0(IAsyncResult ar)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Api.Services.AzureBlobObjectStorageService.<GetObjectAsync>d__9.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Api.Services.ObjectValetService.<Get>d__4.MoveNext()

at Api.Controllers.ObjectsController.<Get>d__5.MoveNext()

The confusing part is why this error is coming all of sudden after 6 month of go live.

• Moved by Grace MacJones-MSFT Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:23 PM question related to Azure Blob Storage
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:54 AM

All replies

• The maximum timeout interval for Blob service operations is 30 seconds, with some exceptions mentioned here. Apart from these exceptions, the Blob service automatically reduces any timeouts larger than 30 seconds to the 30-second maximum.

I would recommend you to refer the similar query here. See if that helps you!

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Thanks Yaswanthm,

we have change the Blob time out to 300 sec instead of 30 sec because of large file.

but my concern is that when I am uploading the same file some time its get uploaded in just 10 sec but some time it is getting time out.

I also check that is azure blob is not down at that specific interval but it is always up.

This problem occur suddenly only one specific service fabric node once we restart the node issue get resolved and after few hours same issue occur on other node.

I also check latency on server but it was good.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Apologies for the delayed response! This may require a deeper investigation to find out the root cause, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket by following How to create an Azure support request. If you don’t have a support plan.Please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, please send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com with the below details to investigate this further and please mention "ATTN Yash" in the subject field. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Thread URL:

Subscription ID:  

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:08 AM