none
Searching for web text in a page in SharePoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Search working in SharePoint 2016, but it's not crawling or searching an external webpage I have on the Farm. How would I allow the webpages to be crawled and searched.

Mike W

SharePoint Engineer - Mike

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Do you create a content source separately for external web site?

Please create a new Content Source and select the type “Web sites” to be crawled and enter the start address, then start a Full crawl.

Note: make sure the default content access account have permission to the External Web Site.

For more detailed information, refer to the following article:

https://mohitvash.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/configure-external-site-as-content-sources-in-sharepoint-search/

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Do you create a content source separately for external web site?

Please create a new Content Source and select the type “Web sites” to be crawled and enter the start address, then start a Full crawl.

Note: make sure the default content access account have permission to the External Web Site.

For more detailed information, refer to the following article:

https://mohitvash.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/configure-external-site-as-content-sources-in-sharepoint-search/

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 3:06 AM
  • Thank You Lisa!

SharePoint Engineer - Mike

Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:33 PM
  • Hi Mike, 

It's my pleasure. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, January 17, 2020 9:43 AM