none
is there a reason lookup columns in a sharepoint list don't show up in excel when the list is exported as a datafeed RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Per my knowledge, the lookup column should show up in the table when exporting as a data feed in SharePoint.

To narrow the issue scope, I recommend you create a new list with lookup columns in it for test and compare the results.

Thanks,

Victoria

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 15, 2014 7:58 AM
  • If it is possible can you try moving the site to different content database and then try to export.

Regards

Sandeep

Monday, September 15, 2014 1:36 PM
  • has anyone else actually tried to do this?  I'm thinking it might be the "by design" deficiency in powerpivot and datafeeds from sharepoint...

krd

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:06 PM
  • I found the problem when I allowed multiple values on the look up field. I tried it multiple times:

1. added a look up field to a list with only allowing one value
    2. exported to excel.  look up field value showed up
    3. changed lookup field to allow multiples
    4. exported to excel.  look up field value didn't show up.
    5. changed lookup field back to allow only one value
    6. exported to excel.  lookup field showed up.
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Hi Krd,

Yes, I have faced the same issue and we have multiple column in our sharepoint custom list using ODataFeed it did not bring the lookup column value, it brings the ID that is number rather than actual column value.

One more issue is also there like if you have any single calculated column in your list you are not able to make connection with your list and will get the 500 application error.

To fix the issue we have created a simple two steps workflow using SharePoint designer, added a new single line of text column in our List and using the SPD workflow we just copy the lookup column's value into newly created column, start the workflow on item added and updated.

Here for the existing items you have to copy all existing items value from lookup column to newly created column, I did the same thing by creating the datasheet view in List and just select the column value from lookup column and paste in newly created column.

But if you use the Export List data to Excel option it will bring all your calculated column and lookup column in Excel but Sync, auto refresh will not work in this case so you are bound to use oDatafeed option to get data from List to Excel.

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:52 PM