none
Adding Quick Launch to Web parts in SharePoint 2007

Question

• I'm using MOSS and I have more than 30 web part pages; all are saved in Site Pages document library . Now I have a requirement to enable quick launch on all these pages. I can't do this on all individual pages. I read earlier blogs suggesting modifying fields in 12 hive folder but I don’t have access to these folders. Any suggestions how to get this done??

Thanks

Monday, April 14, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• Edit the pages within SPD and remove the following two lines:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderNavSpacer" runat="server"></asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderLeftNavBar" runat="server"></asp:Content>

This would have to be done on each page, however it doesn't require getting into the site definition, (12 hive) which you said you couldn't do.

• Marked as answer by MadnanM Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:35 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:14 PM

All replies

• Edit the pages within SPD and remove the following two lines:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderNavSpacer" runat="server"></asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderLeftNavBar" runat="server"></asp:Content>

This would have to be done on each page, however it doesn't require getting into the site definition, (12 hive) which you said you couldn't do.

• Marked as answer by MadnanM Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:35 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:14 PM
  • Thanks for your reply John, i tried to do that but it showed this error : "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls. ". any advise?
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:23 PM
  • I reckon it could be a multitude of things.. Make sure you're precisely deleting the code that needs removed, nothing more or less than that. Perhaps test the method on a blank web part page to make sure that existing content isn't interfering with it? It worked for me on a blank one...

Monday, April 14, 2014 4:29 PM
  • I tried it and it worked but the issue is the quick launch is overlapping content editor web-part on the page. how can i re size quick launch? is there any code i can try in master page rather than modifying each and single page? Just wondering.
    • Edited by MadnanM Monday, April 14, 2014 6:02 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 6:02 PM