none
Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate Invalid Template URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am using PnP to apply template on OOTB site. Here I use Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate

Before applying template I upload all the artefacts like document template files (wordtemplate.docx, powerpoint.potx & excel.xltx) in Site Assets library for Team & Project sites. For Wiki, Blog & Community sites Site Assets library is not present by default hence we are using other custom library to keep all the artefacts.

Main issue comes when I apply the template on wiki, Blog & Community site which are publishing site it throws an error "Apply-PnPProvisioningTemplate:Invalid template URL. The template must exist in the Forms directory of this document library. Create the template in the Forms directory, and then re-type the Web address. Note that you cannot move or copy a template into the Forms directory"

When same template is applied to Team & Project site it works without any issue

Could you please provide some pointers how this issue can be resolved.

Appreciate your support!

Regards,

Akshay

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May I know you're using SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online?

Could you share your template as I test did sample test in my online environment I can’t reproduce the error.

You could share the template by rest api also.

/_api/site/rootweb

<d:WebTemplate>ENTERWIKI</d:WebTemplate>

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, April 19, 2019 2:39 AM