none
attachemet is not visible

Question

• after attached the file in the item display form in a list, after saving it attachment is missing 

please help 

shiva

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Shiva,

You mean attachment is not saving even after you see attachment listed in newform?

In SharePoint this is the default behavior were an attachment added without filling required field will automatically clear the attachments during save. So you will have fill in all required fields and than attach files before save.

Below is the screen shot,

Thanks

• Edited by ME_77 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by SHYAM_Artech Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Have you customized your Newform(Default)?

If Yes, Can you try creating another NewForm1 without any customization work?

Thanks

• Edited by ME_77 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:01 AM
  • Hi ME,

Thank you for the response.

I am not sure whether it is customized or not. user has to confirm. Below is the screenshot for the designer for the list.

And the below are the webparts 

shiva

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:10 AM
  • Hi shiva,

Please check the following:

Make sure Attachments to list items are enabled in list advanced settings.

Are there any errors when you click save the item? Make sure your attach file name isn't too long.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Michael,

yes it is enabled. 

no errors. though file name is not too long, attachment is still disappearing.

below is the error message for the user. even mandatory fields filled or not filled still attachment is dropped when try to save it. 

shiva

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi shiva,

The column "Requester Work Group(SBE-2)" is a required filed, you need to make sure this column contain information before saving it.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Yes even all the required columns filled up and saved it attachment is disappearing 

shiva

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:42 AM
  • Hi Shiva,

You mean attachment is not saving even after you see attachment listed in newform?

In SharePoint this is the default behavior were an attachment added without filling required field will automatically clear the attachments during save. So you will have fill in all required fields and than attach files before save.

Below is the screen shot,

Thanks

• Edited by ME_77 Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by SHYAM_Artech Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:07 AM
  • i have attached the attachment and then saved, post which attachment clears out

Looks like screenshot is missing 

shiva

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:26 AM
  • Can you recheck the screenshot, I can view them.

Is the problem with this list, or all list.You can try to create a new list without any required field and check if attachment works?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:48 AM
  • Hi ME,

Thank you. yes it is default behavior. We heard back same answer from MS support engineer 

shiva

Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:28 AM