none
Milestones showing as Completed, even when percentage complete is less than 100% RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on Microsoft project plan.

For a few milestone STATUS is showing as COMPLETED, whereas percentage complete is 86% only. There is a mismatch!

This is just one example, there are many like this in the file, I am working on. All the subtasks under the milestone are showing right Status based on their % complete.

Please suggest how can it be fixed.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:34 AM

All replies

• Nehha Sharma,

I think we need some clarification. You mention that all subtasks under the milestone are showing the correct status. What exactly does that mean? A milestone does not, (or should not), have subtasks since a milestone by definition is a point in time (zero duration). Do you really mean summary line?

For a explanation of how Project determines the value of the Status field, add the field as a column in the view. Then hover your mouse over the column heading to bring up a brief explanation or hit F1 to get the full help file explanation.

John

Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:11 PM
  • Nehha - Looks like you are using the word milestone instead of phase/summary task as you meant "All the subtasks under the milestone ...". So, you have summary tasks and tasks under it. Irrespective of your Project version, the status field indicates whether the task is Complete, On Schedule, Late or Future tasks based on % complete and Status Date (in Project Information).

I have few doubts in your query (1) You said the STATUS is showing COMPLETED. Status field in Project will display only Complete when task is 100% completed and not Completed. Is this a custom field with formula? (Check this, right click the column, select Custom Field), (2) send a screenshot of plan that includes % complete and Status field. This will help us to know why this behavior.

Sai PMP, PMI-SP, MCTS Project, MVP Project

Monday, October 3, 2016 9:54 AM