none
Timed Script Two State Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have set up a timed state two script monitor which just checks something in AD and then feeds back good or bad.

I set this up as a disabled monitor targeting 'Agent' assuming this would just cover everything, then I created an override enabling the monitor for a group containing the server whose state I wanted to be affected by the result of the script.

I set the parent monitor for the new monitor to 'Configuration', I thought that this would make it show up under this node when I browsed the health explorer of the server in question, but it doesn't.

Have I completely misunderstood how this works?

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:25 AM

Answers

• You have the basic strategy down.  You're problem is most likely due to the target you used.  Agent is not a class that we typically use for a target.  It may work, but I would expect results to be unpredictable.  In any event, your monitor show up somewhere deep in the Health Explorer for a computer as opposed to the top level.

You probably want to change the target to Windows Computer.  That's a very common target to use for this strategy, and your monitor will be visible at the top level of the Health Explorer for the computer.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

• Marked as answer by TickTarry37 Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:48 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:28 AM