none
SCA is not able to discard check out any doc checked out by others, i see the same behaviour for all the web app RRS feed

• Question

• HI Team,

Good day!
    SP 2010 Version: 14.0.6114.5000

Issue: Neither Owner nor Site Collection Admin can discard check out any doc checked out by other user however its working for Farm Account. I see the same behaviour in all the web application including central admin.

Kindly advise

Thanks,

Saurav

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Saurav,

Check the permission settings for site owner and site collection administrator.

Site setting - Site permissions - Permission Levels

See if this option is checked for the corresponding permission level:

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, its checked. all of the permission available are checked for full control

Thanks,

Saurav

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi Saurav,

Was everything working before?

Is there such a problem in other librarys?

Make sure this library doesn't break inheritance rights.

If you make sure that the permission level settings are ok, you can delete these users and then add them again and try.

You can also refer to the following information:

https://answers.uillinois.edu/page.php?id=66454

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/174692/why-cant-i-discard-my-own-checkouts

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Monday, September 2, 2019 9:38 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi ,

Has the problem been solved?

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am not sure if it was working before but i find this behaviour on web app level. removed and added back user but no joy

Thanks,

Saurav

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:49 AM