none
Does using WinToUSB from Hasleo (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team)- conflict/exploit any of Microsoft's Rights ?

Question

• Hi

I am a fresh BE graduate and have recently taken up a Training Program with an engineering firm. As part of my training, I need to use the SIMATIC S7 Professional software which works on Win 8.

Since I have Win 7 Home Basic on my laptop, which is not supported by the Siemens Software, I intend to use the Win 8 Image file I downloaded from my DreamSpark Acccount on an External 1TB WD HDD. 

From what I have come to know is that WinToUSB (from Hasleo) software is an alternative to the Windows To Go Feature provided by Microsoft for the  Enterprise version of Windows.

So I want to know if it is OK to use this software to install Win 8(non-Enterprise edition) on my external hard disk.

Are there any legal issues for using this software,  since it provides the feasibility which Microsoft does not intend for the Non-Enterprise editions ?   Please let me know if I can use this software without causing any exploitation!!

NOTE: my external HDD is connected via USB to my laptop.

Thanks & Regards

Abdul Latif

B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering

Monday, January 1, 2018 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since I don't much about the WinToUSB, we can't promise the function of the product. You can use third-party software without legal issues, but if there are any problems, we will not assume the reponsibility. If you have any problems when using WinToUSB, it is suggested that you can contact the office forum of the product.

Hope my explanations helped you on the issue. If you can mark it as an answer, we can share it with more communities.

Best regards,

Vivian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

What's going on ?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:53 AM