none
Manage Content and Structure Arithmetic Overflow RRS feed

  • Question

  • When navigating on the root site collection level, site settings->manage content and strucutre I receive the following error:

     

    Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.ObjectSerializer.Release()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SMContainerData.LoadChildLists(DataTable table)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SMContainerData.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SMDataSource.PopulateContainerDataSet()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Internal.WebControls.SMContainerDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments)
       at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound()
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

     

    Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it? 

     

    It only happens on the root level.  Also, all other levels I cannot sort from default view, for example if I select "pending approval", the page refreshes to default view. Not sure if the two issues are related?

     

    Please help, I have been stuck on this for days.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Friday, September 28, 2007 1:10 PM

All replies

  • I have the same problem with some subsites I have created. The weird thing is... I have created many sites with the same procedure and some have the error while other don't

     

    Have you evey found the solution to this?

     

     

    Monday, February 4, 2008 5:33 PM
  • Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I've been receiving the same error since this afternoon. It was fine this morning, yesterday etc. The only thing I've done is import some exported teamsites from another server.

     

    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:41 AM
  • I have the same problem too, did any of you find out anything?

     

    Monday, March 31, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Hello ingah.

     

    I finally found a fix to my version of the problem. I had the arithmetic overflow error everytime I went to manage content and structure.

     

    The problem was caused by one document library inside the site. I went into "View All Site Content" and deleted one by one all the site's lists and librairies untill the error stopped... and figured that one of my document library was corrupted... don't know why.

     

    This problem took me so many hours before I figured out so I hope this help somebody.

     

     

     

     

     

    Monday, March 31, 2008 6:05 PM
  • Hi Julien,

     

    Thanks a lot for the tip, I also found a corrupted list, and solved the problem by deleting it!

     

    Cheers,

    Inga

     

    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Thanks for this post guys!

     

    My problem was a duplicate list name in a site. This must have happened whrn converting from SP 2003.

    When I deleted one of the duplicates to fix the problem it deleted both (I kind of expected that!) but now the "content and structure" option works again.

    Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:13 AM
  • I, too, was getting this error every time I went to 'Manage Content and Structure'. When I visited 'View All Contents', I found that the Pages library was listed twice. The link pointed to the single Pages library, but different views. Examining the document library settings, I found that both views were marked 'default'. I made a third view default (which cleared the flag on the previous two entries), and everything worked correctly after that.

    Only outstanding question on my end is how two different views both got flagged 'default'.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:11 PM
  • Thank You Sir. My problem got solved with your Answer
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Folks, thank you for this. Your solution allowed us to continue a major migration that would have been pulled but for these posts, Thank you very much indeed!!!

    Friday, October 23, 2009 12:53 PM