none
Azure VM not deleted completely

Question

• Hi,

I have seen multiple times.

After deleting a VM, some supporting files left.

To delete all supported files, I have to delete Resource Group.

Regards

InTechSys

InTechSys

Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks for posting; When deleting a VM it will not delete all the associated resources with it. this is by design, to allow customers to re-use these resources when they want to. If not, you can either delete Resourcegroups as you mentioned, or based on resource tagging. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Adam

Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:48 PM
  • Hello,

Deleting just a VM will not delete all supporting files.

You can create a new resource group for a new VM and deleting that resource group will delete all supporting files and VM automatically.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.Kumawat Friday, May 24, 2019 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by InTechSys Friday, May 24, 2019 8:15 PM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 2:09 PM

All replies

• Thanks for posting; When deleting a VM it will not delete all the associated resources with it. this is by design, to allow customers to re-use these resources when they want to. If not, you can either delete Resourcegroups as you mentioned, or based on resource tagging. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Adam

Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:48 PM
  • Hello,

Deleting just a VM will not delete all supporting files.

You can create a new resource group for a new VM and deleting that resource group will delete all supporting files and VM automatically.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.Kumawat Friday, May 24, 2019 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by InTechSys Friday, May 24, 2019 8:15 PM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 2:09 PM
  • If I just delete the VM and create another VM, I believe because of associated files of previous VM, there may be some issue in new VM. If I am right, I must delete Resource Group.

InTechSys

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:21 PM