none
workflow access denied

Question

• 

workflow coming up with above error, please help noticed that above are the out of box workflows. When we started the workflows coming up with workflow access denied with below message

For all these workflow above are the start options

i am admin even for me getting same message 

highlighted option does it causing any issue? 

• Edited by SravanC Friday, May 10, 2019 9:52 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 8:05 AM

Answers

• we just have to uncheck the option to ‘enable content approval’ and save the workflow. That because we do not have content approval enabled at the list level.

so we unchecked and it resolved 

• Edited by SravanC Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by SravanC Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi SravanC ,

You can follow these steps to troubleshoot this problem:

1.Make sure Content approval is configured for the library.

2.The service account used by the workflow is disabled/removed or password expired as the workflow updates the item with this account.

You can republish the worfklow with an account that has sufficient permissions for the library but who is also working.

More information:

https://www.sharepointfire.com/2018/10/the-ootb-approval-workflow-could-not-update-the-item-in-sharepoint/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 13, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun,

Thank you for the response.

from version settings i see content approval made --> NO. 

I made it to Yes but still the same issue and same error.

with no account it is working in spite of having a full control access to it. 

Post republishing also ( start and save ) it is same issue 

Link you have shared is not assoicated with this error, it is below error 

and i got from workflow report that it is event type-->error and outcome is -->access denied
    • Edited by SravanC Monday, May 13, 2019 9:49 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi SravanC,

I need to confirm some information with you:

1.Has there ever been a situation like this before?

2.Have you changed your password recently?

Re-create workflow in another list to see if there is the same situation.

Re-activate the “Workflow” feature under Site Collection Features.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:18 AM
  • we just have to uncheck the option to ‘enable content approval’ and save the workflow. That because we do not have content approval enabled at the list level.

so we unchecked and it resolved 

• Edited by SravanC Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by SravanC Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:57 AM