none
Deleting a storage account, the log records an error even if the operation ended successfully

Question

• Hello,

as per title, deleting a storage account from the Azure Portal, the log records an error even if the operation ended successfully.

I sent a screenshot to the Twitter support, is not possible to attach it here because my account is not verified (?) but, as you can see from the screen i sent, the error code is 'OK' and the account is deleted without problems.

The issue is only on the log message that has a wrong severity. (from user view).

Regards,

Pietro.

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:40 PM

Answers

• Coming back to this issue. After working offline we found the Sub ID associated with this issue is no longer valid. Hence, we were unable to investigate further. If the issue arises again simply reach back out. 

-Micah 

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:47 PM

All replies

• Thanks for bringing this to our attention Pietro. Can you share with me the location of the storage accounts you deleted and saw this error? Also are these Classic or ARM storage accounts? I would like to attempt to repro this issue in my environment as well. 

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:52 PM
  • Hello,

sorry for the late answer. I'm sorry but i don't know well the Portal. I was using the free evaluation subscription and is now expired. I dont' remember the exact type of storage accounts.

Can you check my data using my email or some id?

Regards,

Pietro

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:12 PM
  • No worries Pietro. 

If you have the subscription ID I can look it up that way. 

This would be found by logging into the portal and selecting "Subscriptions"

If you can still see that expired subscription and its Subscription ID you can email it to me at AzCommunity@Microsoft.com and I can take a look.

Otherwise, if you do not have that information then there is not much I can check on. I have tested a few storage accounts in my subscription but so far all of them have deleted and shown a green success icon. 

If you enable another subscription and are still seeing this issue we can always take a look then as well. 

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:17 PM
  • Email sent with the subscription ID.
    Wednesday, January 03, 2018 11:53 PM
  • Coming back to this issue. After working offline we found the Sub ID associated with this issue is no longer valid. Hence, we were unable to investigate further. If the issue arises again simply reach back out. 

-Micah 

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:47 PM