none
Got "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user." when execute a SSIS 2008 package RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SSIS package which was migrated from DTS SQL2000 to SSIS 2008.

The package designed to perform following jobs:

1. Do the data cleansing by truncate the tables in SQL Server
    2. Transform data from Oracle Database into SQL Server tables

The package is working fine until the server (Windows Server 2008 R2) which install SQL Server 2008 enabled TLS1.2 and disabled TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1

Error "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user." thrown when executing task #2 (Oracle to SQL server data transformation). Data cleansing part was done successfully.

Provider for Oracle used = OraOLEDB

Provider for SQL Server = MSOLEDBSQL

Any help will be appreciated.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi HaydenMickey,

According to your issue, we could use test.udl file to test if the ServerName in Connection Manager can connect to SQL Server 2008.

May I know if you use local/localhost as your server?

It seems that for SQL 2000 dts, it will use local and for SQL 2008, it will use localhost.

Please refer to the similar issue:

SSIS package fails giving “System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException”

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:52 AM
  • I have a SSIS package which was migrated from DTS SQL2000 to SSIS 2008.

The package designed to perform following jobs:

1. Do the data cleansing by truncate the tables in SQL Server
    2. Transform data from Oracle Database into SQL Server tables

The package is working fine until the server (Windows Server 2008 R2) which install SQL Server 2008 enabled TLS1.2 and disabled TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1

Error "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040427): Execution was canceled by user." thrown when executing task #2 (Oracle to SQL server data transformation). Data cleansing part was done successfully.

Provider for Oracle used = OraOLEDB

Provider for SQL Server = MSOLEDBSQL

Since server enabled TLS 1.2 did you ensure the driver you use supports TLS 1.2?

For example if its native client provider you use, then you need to ensure you install update for it to support TLS 1.2 in 2008

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/3135244/tls-1-2-support-for-microsoft-sql-server

Some providers like SQLOLEDB was deprecated and may not recive TLS 1.2 . So you should use native client instead which includes the OLEDB provider

For versions 2012 and above you can use new MSOLEDB provider

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Still not working after change the SQL Server name to localhost.

The both Oracle and SQL Server connection tested successfully.

I suspect the problem is due to not able to pull data from source db (Oracle) because i able to perform task 1 successfully.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:32 AM
  • Hi HaydenMickey,

May I know if you try Visakh16's suggestion:

Some providers like SQLOLEDB was deprecated and may not recive TLS 1.2 . So you should use native client instead which includes the OLEDB provider.

Could you please share the connection string ?

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:39 AM
  • Hello Mona Lv,

I'm using "Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server"

Connection string as below:

Oracle: Data Source=DS001;User ID=user001;Provider=MSDAORA.1;Persist Security Info=True;

SQL Server: Data Source=server001;User ID=user001;Initial Catalog=DB001;Provider=MSOLEDBSQL.1;Persist Security Info=True;

Regards,

Mickey

Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Hi Mickey,

May I know if you try to use the native provider(like SQL Server native Client 11.0)?

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 15, 2019 11:37 AM
  • I got this error in event viewer. 

"A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013."

Will it be the "DTS 2000 Package Task" always try to find TLS1.0 protocol when executing the task?

any way to force the task to use TLS1.2?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:43 AM
  • Hi Mickey,

Please refer to the following links:

SSIS Tips: Enforcing TLS 1.2 For SSIS 2012 Connections

A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013.

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:37 AM