none
Skydrive Sync Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I have a question regardig Skydrive.

Sometimes Skydrive libaries stop syncing. There is no status with files i put there

After that i use the sync now option, and it still doesn't work. I have to make a copy of the file and THEN it syncs and i have to delete the Original file and rename the copy to the name of the Original file.

Because folders didn't sync i decided to start over and remove the cache and sync again.

some folders have the following issue:

Content is synced (green checkboxes), but de folder itself still has the sync icon(blue arrows).

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Anthony Kersten

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

Do you mean you are using the "Skydrive Pro" client application to sync files between SharePoint and local folder?

Please check if all users have this issue for their "Skydrive Pro" client application, verify this issue is related to client side or SharePoint side.

If all users have this issue, it may be related to SharePoint side, you can check the ULS log if there are some relevant detailed errors.

If some particular users have this issue, you may try clearing the Skydrive Pro cache, un-install and re-install it, then check result again.

https://hubone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200167460-Clear-SkyDrive-Pro-Cache

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/dd98e023-532c-41ea-8982-dfc727ec310b/skydrive-pro-folder-sync-issue?forum=sharepointgeneral

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thank you for replying.

It is definitely an issue with the Skydrive Pro application.

Eventually i solved the problem bij resyncing it via SharePoint Online.

Is there another way to solve this?

Sometimes my library spans up to 4.5k items.

I also found out, i have to sync only up to <300 items or else Skydrive Sync will flip out.

I'm working with Skydrive quit some time now and i'm having a lot of different errors such as:

1: Value does not fall within the expected range

2: Credentials required. Even if i'm logged in into the portal with the keep me signed in checkbox (note, i am still logged in). I have to reconnect in various ways to solve this.

I am an delegated admin account. Using another domain who had admin privileges.

Maybe that is why i need to log in as an admin of that domain ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Anthony Kersten

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:42 PM
  • PS.

Just got another error i never had before.

harmonica change version not found; {B60F9000-B4AE-400F-A65E-50E108567E2F}
    Error code=0x80004005; Error source=Groove

Greets,

Anthony Kersten

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Me too:

harmonica change version not found; Error code=0x80004005; Error source=Groove

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:01 PM
  • Het lijkt te komen door Skydrive Pro client doordat er meerdere personen op één site werken.

Het heeft ermee te maken dat de één verandering heeft gemaakt in een nested site structure en de ander een tijd offline is geweest (volgens skydrive) en vervolgens probeert te syncen terwijl hij ook veranderingen heeft gedaan in de zelfde site (offline). Kan ook gebeuren bij bv. 2 laptops en 1 gebruiker.

Skydrive werkt dus niet dusdanig met in - en uitchecken dat SharePoint online dit begrijpt (logisch als je offline werkt).

Daardoor weet SharePoint online niet meer welke versie van de site het meest recent is.

Wij zijn inmiddels overgestapt op SharePoint online en werken niet meer met Skydrive pro. We hebben sindsdien geen problemen meer bij onze klanten.

Hoop dat je hier wat aan hebt Geert.

Gr. Anthony

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:48 AM