none
Custom properties of the Managed Metadata Service

Question

• Hi,

Im trying to find some info on how to use the custom properties (shared and local) that comes with the Managed Metedata Service on SharePoint 2013.

What im trying to fin is how to use this custom properties on search based queries or by custom search queries. I have been looking over the internet some info about this feature but i have only found information about the terms navigation but not about this new feature.

How can we use this feature with out of the box webparts or solutions?.

What Iam trying to do is to assign a common custom propertie to several terms and trying to search over this custom propertie so the search would give me to all ítems who has each invididual term on it.

can we use this feature to do so?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi

you can create a query rule and displays the results as part of the search result based on the configured terms. Attached scren shot helps you to understand the query rule creation. Result block needs to be configured as shown in the second screen shot.

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Result Block

Roy Joyson

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Thaks Roy,

I think im missing something, with this query rule will be querying the custom propertie of the term set?. My original query will be always be as owstaxidmetadataalltagsinfo:xxxx, what i want is to show results base on the metadata but where de "xxxx" is on the custom propertie no a term set as itself.

i have been trying to make it work with your example but i only get results where the ítem has XXXX on the custom column which values comes from the managed metadata.

regards

Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:31 AM