none
Error creating File Storage for Cloud Shell Bash environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have been asked by Ewelina from Azure Portal Chat to post a message in this forum for an error message I am receiving.

I am following the instructions in this document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-shell/quickstart

However when I click on the create storage button in the 'You have no storage mounted" dialogue box after I select the Bash Environment in Cloud Shell I receive a Storage Creation Failed message (Error 500).

{"error":{"innererror":{"trace":"Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceProvider.Common.RPPResolver.RPPResolverException: InternalServerError ---> System.Exception: PartitionService:{\"error\":{\"code\":\"InternalError\"}}\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceProvider.Common.RPPResolver.PartitioningServiceFacade.<executewithretry style="box-sizing:border-box;">d__10`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceProvider.Common.RPPResolver.PartitioningServiceFacade.<executewithretry style="box-sizing:border-box;">d__9`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceProvider.Common.RPPResolver.PartitioningServiceFacade.<getentitylocationasync style="box-sizing:border-box;">d__11.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceProvider.GatewayService.GatewayMessageHandler.<getservicename style="box-sizing:border-box;">d__17.MoveNext()"},"code":"InternalServerError","message":"The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request."}}</getservicename></getentitylocationasync></executewithretry></executewithretry>

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards

Sean

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:00 AM

All replies

• Just for clarification: Have you referred to the suggestion mentioned in this article?

Additional information: You may also try the suggestions outlined in this link.

Unable to create storage for persisting account files in Azure Cloud Shell (CLI)

Troubleshooting & Limitations of Azure Cloud Shell

If the issue still persist, kindly share the screenshot of the error message or error code?

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Hello Sean,

Thanks for posting here!

When you first launch the Azure cloud shell, it will ask you to mount an azure storage account that means you need to create one in that specific subscription as shown below.

Cloud shell utilizes Azure file storage to persist files across sessions on initial start. cloud shell prompts you to associate a new or existing file share to persist files across sessions. For more information on this, you may refer here.

If you are still facing the issue. Try to restart the cloud shell as shown in the below. See if that helps you.

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

MSDN

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Hello,

When you launch the Azure cloud shell for the first time you need to mount the storage account within your azure subscription. 

Once you mount it please restart the Azure cloud shell and it will work.

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.Kumawat Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

I've faced with the same issue,

Manually create a new resource group and storage account in different region, and letting advanced settings create a new file service solved my problem.

Regards,

Murat

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:10 PM
  • @malkan Thank you for letting us know the solution that worked for you and sharing the information with the Community.

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:25 AM