none
How to migrate Steps field of TestCase into new Testcase in other project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. I have exported the work items details from ADO Queries to excel sheet
    2. Given input as the excel sheet to C# application , mapped the field values from excel sheet and created similar work items in an another project in ADO
    3. However, the problem exists in Test Case (Work Item Type). There is a field called as steps in Test Case ,which gets exported in excel but unfortunately while mapping it to create a work item it is empty , the data in steps is not getting mapped and remains blank in the newly created work item.

Here is what I have done:

1) newWorkItem.Fields["Microsoft.VSTS.TCM.Steps"].Value = a.steps;

2) var document1 = new Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.WebApi.Patch.Json.JsonPatchDocument();

document1.Add( new Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.WebApi.Patch.Json.JsonPatchOperation()

{ Path = "/fields/Microsoft.VSTS.TCM.Steps",

Operation = Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.WebApi.Patch.Operation.Add,

Value="<DIV><P><SPAN xml:lang="">Hello</SPAN></P></DIV> <DIV><P> <SPAN xml:lang="">world</SPAN></P></DIV> " });

var workitem1 = workitemClient.UpdateWorkItemAsync(document1, workitemId.Value).Result;

However, In both the cases steps field remains empty.

Please can you help me with this 

One more thing when I try to migrate the same steps data in some other field of test case ex. Description. It gets saved there but in text format not in table.

my steps field looks like this:

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:53 PM

Answers

• Shirin14,

Sorry but I don't see anything in your post that relates to customizing or programming Microsoft Project, a project management application, but that is the sole focus of this forum. I suggest you re-post to:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

John

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:01 PM