none
Update WLAN / Wireless Profile with Powershell Script RRS feed

• Question

•  I Create a WLAN Profile with GUI and  import WLAN xml. This WLAN  xml contains a WLAN Key in Section <keyMaterial>********</keyMaterial>. This works perfect.

Now i will automating the WLAN Profile key update every week. The  Update of the xml is not the Problem, but the import will not work. I have test with   Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem or Set-CMWirelessProfile .

What can i do to update the WLAN profile with a script.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it possible to create the DigestXML by clicking View Xml Definition of the Wi-FI profile? Then update the digestXML accordingly (Update KeyMaterial property and Version information) and then use Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem to update the Configuration Policy.

For example:

$obj = Get-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -id '16785204'
    Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -InputObject $obj -DigestPath 'e:\package\UpdatedSCDigestXML.xml'
    After the changes from server side, this should reflect to clients after some time as it's deployed as a 'Policy'.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:40 AM
  • i have play a little with powershell an xml and i found a workarround .

#read WLAN Password from a file
    [string]$wlanpwd=Get-Content$PSScriptRoot\wlanpwd.txt

# Read the current WLAN Rule
    $obj =Get-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -Name 12345

#edit the current rule pwd
    [xml]$key=$obj.SDMPackageXML
    [xml]$passphrease=$key.DesiredConfigurationDigest.ConfigurationPolicy.Rules.Rule[1].Expression.Operands.ConstantValue.Value
    $passphrease.WLANProfile.MSM.security.sharedKey.keyMaterial =$wlanpwd
    $key.DesiredConfigurationDigest.ConfigurationPolicy.Rules.Rule[1].Expression.Operands.ConstantValue.Value =$passphrease.OuterXml

#save the new Rule 
    Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -Name 12345 -DigestXml $key.OuterXml

• Edited by henrik.b Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by henrik.b Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:11 PM
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it possible to create the DigestXML by clicking View Xml Definition of the Wi-FI profile? Then update the digestXML accordingly (Update KeyMaterial property and Version information) and then use Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem to update the Configuration Policy.

For example:

$obj = Get-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -id '16785204'
    Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -InputObject $obj -DigestPath 'e:\package\UpdatedSCDigestXML.xml'
    After the changes from server side, this should reflect to clients after some time as it's deployed as a 'Policy'.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:40 AM
  • i have play a little with powershell an xml and i found a workarround .

#read WLAN Password from a file
    [string]$wlanpwd=Get-Content$PSScriptRoot\wlanpwd.txt

# Read the current WLAN Rule
    $obj =Get-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -Name 12345

#edit the current rule pwd
    [xml]$key=$obj.SDMPackageXML
    [xml]$passphrease=$key.DesiredConfigurationDigest.ConfigurationPolicy.Rules.Rule[1].Expression.Operands.ConstantValue.Value
    $passphrease.WLANProfile.MSM.security.sharedKey.keyMaterial =$wlanpwd
    $key.DesiredConfigurationDigest.ConfigurationPolicy.Rules.Rule[1].Expression.Operands.ConstantValue.Value =$passphrease.OuterXml

#save the new Rule 
    Set-CMWirelessProfileConfigurationItem -Name 12345 -DigestXml $key.OuterXml

• Edited by henrik.b Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by henrik.b Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:11 PM
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:02 PM