none
Project Server 2016 - create engagements using API RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create and manage Resource Engagements using CSOM in Project Server 2016? I know that it is possible in Project Online but seems that in Project Server 2016 it is not.

The need is to create the vacation and other absences from the other systems data.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

could you please explain, why you want to use engagements for absence?

To me, it makes more sense to create assignments if you want to have absence as "Working Time". With assignments (e.g. in specific "absence" projects), you could see availability for each resource across all projects including absence.

I am currently not understanding, how you want to use your absence engagements. What do you have in mind here? Or is there perhaps - and sorry, if I am wrong - a translation issue? From your profile, I assume you are working in Finnish version?

If you want to use engagements, please help me to understand the requirement. I am always curious to learn new approaches.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

You are right, that can be the solution but in this case it would be better that all the Resource Managers (11 of them) could see all the resources work and absences from the Resource Request -views. The resource management is based on Engagements and all the reports are created using that data.

Reason why I need to create the Engagements using API is that because the resources will report there absences already in to a another system. We would like to integrate that data to Engagements to avoid double work from Resource Managers.

-Ilkka-

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:54 PM