none
Standalone Install - "SDDL string contains an invalid sid"

Question

• Has anyone able to install SharePoint 2013 standalone setup using this TechNet article:

Install SharePoint 2013 on a single server with a built-in database

I tried all the instructions of above article on Windows 2012, but I am getting error in Step #8 of Product Configuration Wizard:

Failed to create sample data
    An exception of type System.ArgumentException was thrown. Additional exception information: The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated.
    Parameter name: ssdlForm

Many people has reported this before on internet, and there are some tricks related to giving NTFS permissions to ANALYTICS_GUID folder. 

I am happy that this trick works. But, I would like to see some kind of Official Note from Microsoft on this error. Otherwise, the main TechNet article does not make sense.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• I had the same issue and I didn't want use any tricks.

So I successfully installed SharePoint in farm mode using single server with workgroup.

You can look in this thread for instructions http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointadminprevious/thread/92696fbb-36a6-4592-a073-b8363f681770/

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Hello.

The reason I`m replying to this is that the link supplied dosn`t work anymore.

I have now been seaching around for a while looking for the solution and found a good description that worked for me.

Here is a link to the solution: http://squidpip.com/blog/sharepoint-server-2013-release-to-manufacturing-version-standalone-installation/

Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:19 PM

1. Add the account you want to use for search service in WSS_Admin_WPG group. If you are going to use built in administrator account this should be present by default.
    2. Check all Permission 
    3. Then execute this command New-SPManagedAccount -Credential $SearchService
    4. Now Go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server" and find the folder that starts with Analytics with a postfix guid.
    5. Right-click --> Properties-->Sharing-->Advanced Sharing
    6. Check the "Share this folder' check box and click on Permissions
    7. Add the Search Service account created in step 2 and select Full Control. Do the same for WSS_ADMIN_WPG
    8. Run the SharePoint Configuration Wizard again. It should now complete successfully.

Deepesh Yevle -MCP MCTS MCITP ITIL

Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:35 AM