none
Remoteapp gives update error RRS feed

• Question

• We have encountered an error with a random user sometimes losing connection to remoteapps running on a server 2016.

When we try to update the connection on the workstation it gives the error message "Update failed" and "Errorcode 0x80070020, 0x0".

After restarting the workstation remoteapp connection works again. Can't find much in the event logs on the server.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:03 PM

All replies

• HI
    "When we try to update the connection on the workstation it gives the error message "Update failed" and "Errorcode 0x80070020, 0x0"."
    1 I confused how did you update the connection on the workstation ,could you talk about it ?
    2 can you enter winver in command prompt on client computer and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    3 "We have encountered an error with a random user sometimes losing connection to remoteapps running on a server 2016."
    did you mean user use remoteapp published on rdweb ?
    4 could you explain your rds environment ?did you install RDSH,RDWEB,RDCB,RDgateway on the same server ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:24 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:07 PM
  • Hi I'm sorry for the late reply.

I had a screenshot but I can't attach it. I mean updating the remoteapp connection under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\RemoteApp and Desktop Connections

Like here for example: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/92310i37A45F54C38E0CE6

It's a windows 10 pro Version 10.0.18362.418

The roles are indeed all installed on this main RDS server. There is also a second RDSH server which uses the licensing service and rdweb of the first server to publish a remoteapp.

• Marked as answer by Ben5958 Monday, October 21, 2019 8:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ben5958 Monday, October 21, 2019 8:03 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 8:02 AM
  • HI
    5 when the problem happen on win10 ,we can write down the error time then check if there is any log about issue

client win10

event viewer\windows logs\

application

security

system

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-SessionServices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management

6 when a user has this issue ,can he ping rdweb,rdgateway,rd session host server successfully on his win10 computer ? 
    Are the normal user's computer and problematical user's computer in the same company network segement ?

8did you set
    "Specify default connection URL" policy and deploy the gpo to the client computer ?

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services >RemoteApp and Desktop Connections

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:55 PM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Friday, October 25, 2019 2:27 PM
  • Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:00 AM