none
DPM 2016 HyperVPagefileExclusions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Has anyone experiences with the exclusion of VHDs from Hyper-V backups with DPM 2016? Does it still work? Are there any known issues with it? I try to exclude specific VHDs with Set-DPMGlobalProperty -HyperVPagefileExclusions "servername-Disk1.vhdx,servername-Disk2.vhdx", but it does not work.

Best regards

Andreas

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Someone has an answer to this question? Does someone have the exclusions working with DPM 2016 and MBS?

Best regards

Andreas

Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:48 PM
  • Hi there

we seem to be having the same issue. DPM 2016 UR2 backing up VMs running on 2012 R2 Hyper-V Hosts with VHDs located on Server 2016 SOFS (Storage Spaces Direct).

Setting exclusions for Disks via Set-DPMGlobalProperty -HyperVPagefileExclusions doesn't seem to have any effect.

We are running daily full express backups, maybe this has something to do with it?

Any hints or comments on this would be great.

Best regards,
    Robert

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 7:13 AM

• Same here.

Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName Backup -HyperVPagefileExclusions "*NoDPM.vhdx"

The Property is set:

Get-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName backup -PropertyName HyperVPageFileExclusions

Returns:

*NoDPM.vhdx

The excluded vhdx still shows up for recovery:

I guess another thing that slipped through QA.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:32 PM
  • I believe that's intended behavior. The initial copy, or Replica creation, will always have all VHDXs regardless of exclusions. The Recovery points however will have it excluded. You can confirm this by trying to do an item-level recovery on that VHDX on a recovery point date, and you should see it always be date modified of when you perform your initial backup.

Monday, February 25, 2019 11:59 PM