none
After a reboot stuck at 100% complete RRS feed

• Question

• I pushed out the July MS updates and I was told to  - don't suppress the reboot on the workstation. So -

1. The updates complete

2. The 60min reboot warning pops up

3. The 15 min reboot warning pops up

4. The workstation reboots normally

5. After rebooting the workstation is stuck saying  "Configure windows update 100% complete and don't turn off your computer"

MSB

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:44 PM

Answers

• Is this a single device or many?  If it has been stuck there for several hours, it might just be a fluke and need to be restarted again.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:51 PM

All replies

• See if you can access the machine remotely and examine WindowsUpdate.log and the eventlog. (This issue is not ConfigMgr related BTW)

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Is this a single device or many?  If it has been stuck there for several hours, it might just be a fluke and need to be restarted again.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

• Ok I will look in the windowsupdate.log and it's been happening not all but several workstations.

MSB

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Ok I didn't find any errors or failures in the windowsupdate.log it's pretty clean on the client.

MSB

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:22 PM
  • - Install call complete (succeeded = 11, succeeded with errors = 0, failed = 0, unaccounted = 0)
    2014-07-23 08:22:11:841 3304 ffc COMAPI   - Reboot required = Yes

MSB

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:57 PM