none
Data Protection manager event ID 33119 issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have one primary DPM and one secondary DPM. When trying to add a server onto a protection group I am able to do it on primary however when doing it on secondary, refreshing of components will take forever's time and landed upon an error mentioned below

'DPM was unable to get the list of data sources on xxxxx.xx**** that are protected by the primary DPM server xxxxx.xx****.
    Make sure that xxxxx.xx**** is protecting the data sources for which you want to set this DPM server as the secondary server. If the problem persists, restart the DPMWriter service on xxxxx.xx****

ID: 33119'

I have tried restarting DPM writer and DPM access Manager Service and also rebooted both the server. Also, checked SQL database for it to be pointed towards the right dpm server and it does. Its not a cluster and we are on version 5.0.375.0.

please help 

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Rohit,

I understood that you are currently running DPM 2016 (Update Rollup 6), and you have a primary and secondary DPM server.

Are both primary and secondary DPM servers using the exact same version?

Is the server you are trying to protect part of a cluster or a standalone server?

How have you configured the DPM servers? Which of the following configurations:

• Primary to secondary protection
    • DPM chaining
    • Cyclic protection

You can find more information about the above configurations over here: Back up with a secondary DPM server

Note: The Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager has been released, you could try updating to the latest Update Rollup to see if it fixes any issues.

Please also check the following DPM logs for any more clues about your error:

Protected computer log:

• %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Temp\DPMRACurr.errlog

DPM server log:

• %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center 2016\DPM\DPM\Temp\MSDPMCurr.errlog

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:42 PM